In September 2016, the Musees d’Ascension de l’Art moderne, which was based in a former convent in the northern French city of Montpellier, was demolished by a bomb and its entire collection of over 500 works of art disappeared.
The museum had been open for nearly two decades, and it was one of the last places in the world where art could be displayed.
In the wake of the explosion, all the works were transferred to a safe storage facility.
The collection of more than 1,500 works that the museum had housed at the time of the fire was eventually transferred to the National Gallery in Paris, which had a similar collection.
A few days after the museum was destroyed by a fire, the pieces were placed in a safe vault for safekeeping.
It was only after the collection had been transferred to another safe vault that the pieces could be discovered.
The pieces, which included paintings by Salvator d’Abbé Guillaume (1772-1853) and Monalisa (1797-1875), were eventually discovered in the vault and put on display.
One of the pieces, entitled “Le Compte de la Vie en La Tour,” depicts the Duchess of Savoy with her sister, Louisa of Savoir, in a scene from the play The Tale of the Fugitive Lady of Versailles, by Jean-Paul Sartre.
It is currently on display at the Museo Nacional de Cultura y Cultura de L’Athletic de Montpelliers.
But the art had been moved to a separate safe storage vault, and a few days before the fire, a security guard at the safe vault informed the museum director that the safe was now on fire.
The art, which the museum held in a small vault, had been stored in a storage room in the museum’s attic since the museum opened in 1974.
The vault was not equipped with a fire alarm and the fire alarm was not working, so the museum manager and a member of the security staff went to the vault to find out what was going on.
“I opened the vault, took out my cellphone and called my colleague,” says Michel Durocher, a former curator at the museum.
“He had already opened the safe, so I didn’t think anything of it.
The fire alarm didn’t work either, so he called me back.
The safe had already been on fire, and we could hear the smoke coming from inside.”
Durochers colleague was working at the vault when he received the call.
“When he came out of the vault he saw that the fire alarms were still working,” Duroches told Newsweek.
“The first thing he said to me was, ‘I’m very sorry.
We need to take your money.’
I said, ‘That’s fine, but you need to find someone to take care of your belongings, because there’s a danger that the vault might explode.’
I immediately left.”
According to Durochs colleague, who is now retired and living in Paris with his wife and children, the vault was still under the control of the museum, and when he tried to open it, the alarm started ringing.
He called Durochy and said, “Look, I’m going to open the safe.”
Dirocher took the alarm alarm apart, but it didn’t seem to work.
“Then I went back into the safe and opened the other safe.
There was nothing in there.
It just didn’t matter,” Dirochers told Newsweek, adding that he was in a panic because he didn’t know what was happening to the safe.
“At first, I thought it was a security issue, but I didn´t understand the situation,” Dinoscher told Newsweek at the end of 2016.
“It was an accident.
I was shocked to find that my money had been taken.
It wasn’t my money that had been stolen, it was the safe,” he added.
The next day, he returned to the museum and saw a security officer standing by the safe as if it was still on fire and that he needed to open his vault, but the officer refused to do so.
Durochal told Newsweek that he contacted the museum after the incident and the manager told him that the security officer had been dismissed.
“My colleague and I were very upset,” Drocher told the magazine.
“We didn’t want to go back there again.
It had been a mistake.
We didn’t take the money.
We had no idea that there was a problem.”
After receiving a phone call from the museum about the fire danger, Duroscher was in the middle of his final day of work as curator when he got a call from his boss.
“That was my last day at the job,” he told Newsweek of the incident.
“They were telling me that there had been an accident in the safe that